Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday.
We are off to a slow start with school work today. E did read three or four McGuffy lessons from the beginning of the book. I also read to her an entire book of bible stories. I read some Burgess Bird book about redwing the blackbird and some Old Man Coyote to both girls. They  played in the backyard with buckets and pulleys and sand and flowers. C did khan academy math and started a new Java script program (she drew a rectangle which she filled in blue). They watched some calico Spanish videos from Kidsimmersion on Youtube. I read two Aesop's Fables and C re-told the Cat and the Mice. They listened to part of the Horse and His Boy by C.S> Lewis on CD and worked on making rubber band bracelets. C read a zoobooks magazine about camels.we read 2 chapters of Paddle to the Sea (geography) and talked about the great lakes. We played a game with link cubes in which I make a 3d structure and they copy it. I make them more and more complex. E easily copied all of them C made a mirror image of the most complex one. Is this because she is a lefty? I did another short math exercise. I set out cards with even numbers on them in no particular order and asked what they had in common. E figured it out first.
I read some more Marco Polo. E counted the books of the Bible. We did a quick game with the sight word blocks. I made a few sentences with them and Emily red them. Claire read some Child's history of the world. E shot corks and pom poms fro our catapult and discovered that the corks go further.
E went through about 1/3 of her phonogram flash cards. She needs to work on oy, oi, ew, or, oo, ew, ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment