Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Drawing (Especially for you Nonna Beth)

We Started some drawing lessons based on Mona  Brookes  book Drawing with Children in September 2012 I really like her "warm ups" especially the abstract design warm up in which someone calls out shapes and types of line and everyone makes an abstract image using the elements I also like the beginning exercises on p 44. There is a grid with a design to copy and a space below for copying. I made a bunch of my own for my girls. I think these two things gave them a good foundation. Then we moved on to representational drawing.  We drew lions, hippos, horses, flowers, airplanes.

Abstract warm ups





Warm up grid





Other drawings we did step by step

1 comment:

  1. I like the progression of steps from abstract to realistic. This would be fun for the girls to do with Papa sometime.

    ReplyDelete