Thursday, June 9, 2011

reading project 1


Make our own magazine mini books




This can be adapted to a variety of ages. My children selected magazine pages and helped to fold them in half. I folded them in fourths, stacked them up, punched 5 holes on the fold and sewed them together with embroidery floss. Kids can add stickers or drawing on the pages that have additional space. For my girls I used a sharpie and wrote words on each page labeling the pictures. Older children can write sentences or make up a story on the pages add collage elements etc.

If you enjoy doing arts and crafts with your children you also might want to check out my other blog arty mom.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun project!! You might want to make a link to Arty Mom if those photos are part of the same idea.

    ReplyDelete